How can I improve the quality of the photos taken by the camera widget?

Hi,

I used the camera widget and noticed that the quality was poor after submitting.

The Camera widget help section (LINK) mentions that there is an option for this in the settings. However, we can't find it in our version.

I can only set the number of photos that can be taken. Unfortunately, I can't attach a screenshot here because the upload fails.

 

SNAP version: 2026.1.1 Build 45

20 days ago
SOTI Snap
ANSWERS

Hello Steffen

Thank you for posting your question.

Please use the 'Quality' slider under Camera Settings - The default is set to 25% but you can increase it up to 100%. It is located right below the 'No of Images' dropdown.

Please note that the image size gets bigger with increased quality.

Best,

Vignesh Sankaranarayanan

SI
Steffen Imberge
19 days ago

Hi Vignesh,

thanks for your answer.

But as I said, there is no slider under Camera Settings, only an option to select the possible amount of photos.

urlr.me/H4mAuf

Best regards

Steffen

SI
Steffen Imberge
17 days ago
A
AKMOD@SOTI
13 days ago

Hi Steffen Imberge ,

Could you share whether toggling off the "allow image editing" option fix the issue ?

I have attached video for the same below:

Recording 2026-09-15 172926.mp4

Regards

Abdul Khader

SI
Steffen Imberge
12 days ago

Hi,

i cannot open your video file (access not authorized).

I tested toggling the option "alow image editing" and it toggles the quality slider as well. 

The slider is only visible when the option is disabled.

After that, another problem regarding the Image quality ocurred:

As a test, I set the quality to 100%, but when I export a PDF using a data export rule, the image is still heavily compressed and very difficult to read.

 

Best regards,

Steffen

SI
Steffen Imberge
17 days ago
SI
Steffen Imberge
17 days ago
SI
Steffen Imberge
17 days ago
A
AKMOD@SOTI
12 days ago

HI Steffen Imberge ,

As this would require a thorough investigation , I would highly recommended that you log a case so that we can delve deeper into the matter.

We request you to please raise a support case at log a case so that our agent can work on your query as quickly as possible.

Similar Discussions